Church of The Resurrection’s COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Below is a short list of measures we are taking at this time to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- We are taking all the prudent steps we can to protect the safety of all at CTR.
- We are following recommendations and guidelines from the State of NC and the Diocese.
- Be aware that even though we have permission to gather in person, risk remains.
- If you are in a higher risk group regarding Covid-19, consider staying home and not attending.
- If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus, stay home!
- Social distancing, the recommended minimum of six feet, is to be maintained at all times during in person services at CTR.
- Masks are to be worn by all persons during in-person services at CTR.
- Please bring a clean mask from home with you to the service.
- Disposable masks will be available at church for those without one.
- Agreeing to wear a mask is an act of christian love.
- The greeters will perform a non-invasive, no-touch temperature scan on all persons entering the building.
- Hard surfaces will be disinfected before and after the service.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in prominent places in the entry and worship area.
- To the extent possible, we want to reduce movement and wandering before, during, and after the worship service.
- During Phase 2, there will be no Coffee/Fellowship time after the service.
- To talk with or catch up with someone, please do so outside, under the covered sidewalk at the front of CCA.
- During Phase 2, we will not be having Church School. Social distancing is hard for kids!
- During Phase 2, we will not be offering the Nursery.
- As you enter the worship area, ushers wearing a mask and gloves will assist you with seating.
- Members of the same household can sit together.
- For others, a minimum of six feet in all directions will be maintained in the positioning of chairs.
- Due to concerns over tiny airborne particles remaining in the air, singers will be wearing masks.
- During Phase 2, others in the congregation are asked to hum, not sing!
- The mouth remains closed while humming, which is much safer.
- Communion will be offered using sealed kits.
- Distribution of Communion will be done by Servers wearing a mask and gloves.
- To limit the time spent indoors, anticipate our worship service being slightly abbreviated.